Typically, a Red Hat Certified Engineer in United States draws an average salary of $85000. The eligibility criteria for completing Red Hat Linux Certification is that professionals or students must be pursuing or must have completed B.E, B.Tech, BCA, B.SC (IT) or graduation in some other stream along with basic knowledge of networking. Also to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer, one must possess RHCSA certification and must take the 2 hours EX300 exam.
Various RHEL Certifications are as follows:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Certificates of Expertise
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administration (RHCJA)
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD)
Why Red Hat?
Red Hat Inc. is the world’s leading provider of open source solutions and one of its products Red Hat Enterprise Linux, often abbreviated as RHEL, is a distribution of Linux operation system developed and targeted towards the business market. Being a Linux distribution, Red Hat Enterprise Linux contains the Linux Kernel and other applications as well for performing certain tasks. Similar to other Linux distributions, RHEL is also an open source which makes it possible to view Linux source code, download it and make some customized versions. Red Hat Enterprise Linux has introduced numerous versions the latest being Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 designed for those who design and administer large and complex IT projects. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 has been made available in the following versions:
- RHEL (Former ES)
- RHEL Advanced Platform (Former AS)
- RHEL Desktop with Multi –OS Options
- RHEL Desktop with Workstation and Multi-OS Option
- RHEL Desktop with Workstation Option (Former WS)
Various Red Hat Enterprise Linux Training courses are designed for those who are willing to become System administrators and System Engineers. The Red Hat System Administration course involves the following areas:
- Graphical Installation of Linux
- Managing Physical storage
- Introduction to the Command line
- Establishing and Securing Network services
- Administrating Users and Groups
- Managing and securing Files
- Deploying File Sharing services
- Basic Security Skills.
There are hundreds of companies around the globe that are using Red Hat, and earning millions of billions dollars in annual revenue. Reason- be it file sharing, security, networking, middleware, virtualization, consulting, and other purposes, RHEL is used for all.
Thus with Red Hat System Administrator Certification under the belt, professionals can not only become an asset to their company but also expect to be placed at the top of company’s hierarchy.