Process Engineering Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
Process Engineering Training aims to insight the candidates on processes for desired physical or chemical transformation of materials. Through this Process Engineering Online Training, the candidates will develop their understanding of the unit operations along with the designs that are enriched with conceptual levels. The Process Engineering Online Course helps the candidates in gaining acquaintance of the design accomplishment concepts like fabrication and construction plans.
After completing Process Engineering Online Certification training, the candidates would be able to:
- Develop understanding of the fabrication and construction plans and conceptual levels.
- Get the idea about Piping and instrumentation diagram
- Learn about the basic engineering package and front as well as engineering design
- Get introduced to the Process Engineering and role of Process engineer in various fields
- Learn about the Process Equipment viz. such as: Ejectors, Heat exchanger, Reactor, Agitator, Storage Tanks, Vessel, etc.
- Develop insight on implementation of the tools for a better design accomplishment
The course is suitable for the candidates willing to enhance their skill set to gain expertise on piping.
The candidates should have degree or diploma in engineering or equivalent knowledge.
- An Introduction
- Preparation of P&ID
- Selection of
- Detailed Study of
- Design basis
- Basic concepts of
- Use and Checking of Vendors Data
- Overview of Piping
1. An Introduction
- EPCM / EPC
- Process Engineering and role of Process engineer in various fields
- Oil and gas sector
- Various processes in industry
- Basic engineering package (BEP)
- Front end engineering design (FEED)
- Relevant Standards/Codes, their importance and applications
2. Preparation of P&ID
- Operating / Process manual
- BFD (Block Flow Diagram)
- PFD (Process Flow Diagram)
- P&ID (Piping and instrumentation diagram)
- Line list
- PDS (Process Data Sheet)
- Basic Plot / Block Plan
3. Selection of
- Process Equipment viz.: Pumps, Compressors, Ejectors, Heat exchanger, Column & their internals, Reactor, Agitator, Storage Tanks, Vessel, Separators etc
- Special parts
4. Detailed Study of
- Material (mass) and energy balance calculation – Different cases
- Line sizing calculation
- Pressure drop calculation
- Pumps hydraulics / calculations
- Material selection,
- Utility packages / utility selection / utility sizing.
- Interlocks, control philosophy & safety valve
5. Design basis
- Process / thermal design of different process equipment viz. reactor / storage tank, heat exchanger (shell & tube, finned tube, u-tube type)
- Fractionating column (packed/ plate), absorption column, phase separator, vacuum system, compression / refrigeration system etc.
- Design of pressure relieving system / safety valve / rupture disc
6. Basic concepts of
- Flare system
- Heat tracing
- Fire heater
- Safety elements
- Hazop study