For managing databases, ETL means three different functions, i.e. Extract, Transform, Load. ETL becomes a combined programming tool for obtaining temporary data subsets for reports, as well as more permanent data for other purposes. Being a highly important function in database management, ETL is achieved by using different tools and programs.
The most advanced and used data integration/ETL tool is Informatica. Aspirants looking to foray into database management and electing Informatica training should clearly understand the difference between Informatica and Teradata. Teradata is a database, used for storing large amount of data. Whereas Informatica is an ETL tool, used for loading data and export functions.
Benefits of Informatica and why it should be used over Teradata as an ETL tool:
- Very robust platform, easy to learn with no programming
- Informatica creates an ecosystem with is quicker for analysts to perform different analysis, and is much easier to maintain
- Informatica Workflow Monitor helps in easy, simple and quick job monitoring and recovery
- Create faster SDLC and enhance application support with availability of extensive accelerators and tools through Informatica MarketPlace
- Informatica provides extensive support connection to several databases, which includes the regular ODBC drivers, tPump, Teradata mLoad, Parallel Transporter, as well as FastLoad
- Informatica provides much faster processing for surrogate key generation through share sequence generators. This process is a much slower when performed inside the database
- Database information can be easily processed through pushdown optimization
- Informatica has the ability to publish the database process as web services, conveniently, easily and speedily
- Informatica helps to balance the load between database box & ETL server, with coding capability. Beneficial for performing certain tasks when the server has a fast disk
- Informatica enables the easy execution of migrating projects, from one database to another, like from Teradata to another, by changing the ETL code providing automated solution in an efficient and accurate manner
Informatica has become a highly favored tool in the database management industry for ETL and data integration. Aspirants can look for forward to lucrative and numerous growth opportunities in this field by opting for quality and comprehensive Informatica training in Noida, or wherever they live.