1,937 total views, 3 views today
- COVID 19 pandemic enabled employers to understand the relevance of work from home, students to understand the role of online class, and technology aspirants to understand the importance of e-learning.
- EdTech organisations have reported earning 2x more than their offline counterparts.
- Ed-tech minimizes expenditure, covers distance, and promotes online mentorship programs.
COVID 19 Pandemic has introduced a learning crisis in schools, colleges, and corporate training institutes. However, the revolution in the technological world has aligned education with the unprecedented technological transformation and made it necessary for the education sector to reimagine education. It is also important for us to understand how underprepared economies have tackled the global pandemic. This pandemic enabled employers to understand the relevance of work from home, students to understand the role of online classes, and technology aspirants to understand the importance of e-learning. On the other hand, professionals realized the fact that reskilling is the only way to grow and maintain a sustained career.
Ed-tech minimizes expenditure
Online education, which is based on advanced technologies, is more affordable if we compare it with our traditional education system. A plethora of e-learning platforms are there for the students to help them in getting access to quality education at the most affordable cost. As it does not involve extra costs (transportation cost, classroom decortication cost, electricity cost, etc.), students belonging to different income categories and social classes are now accessing quality education.
Ed-tech covers distance
Technology integration in education made the educational world smaller and easier to access. It was a story of a few years back when the students would enrol education from their nearby schools and colleges. This trend has changed with the shift in digitalization. Now, students and professionals can opt for enrolling on any educational centre anywhere in the world.
Ed-tech architecture is based on four key elements
- Ed-tech provides access to quality learning to the disadvantaged groups
- Ed-tech enables processes of teaching, learning, and evaluation
- Ed-tech facilitates teacher training and continuous professional development
- Ed-tech improves governance systems including planning, management, and monitoring processes
Ed-tech promotes online mentorship program
In India, the exams like NEET-UG, IIT-JEE, GATE or UPSC-CSE are now enrolled online. The aspirants are not supposed to spend money on food, transport, lodging, for taking up these online for exams. They enjoy a high level of flexibility in their schedules owing to the availability of recorded lectures and software access. Plus, they get 1-on-1 attention in their living rooms while attending the All Certification Courses. These facilities are not available in the traditional education system.