C/SIDE is short for Client/Server Integrated Development Environment. It is a standard functionality available in MS Dynamics NAV 2013. A candidate gets to know how to customise Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 in simulated project implementation. Participants also receive insights on C/AL (Client/Server Application Language), using which records in the NAV database can be modified, inserted or retrieved. To know more, one needs to enrol for a C/Side solution development training course at a reputed institute.
The simulated implementation project is necessary for participants to understand how to customise MS Dynamics NAV 2013 as per a customer’s needs. Through the course, aspirants get to understand several standard application concepts and also learn about the important processes within MS Dynamics NAV 2013. Some of the processes are dimension management, feature integration, automated unit testing and role tailoring.
Skills gained during C/SIDE training
There are a large number of intricate bits that need to be known about C/SIDE. Some of the skills gained by students are as follows:
- Be able to demonstrate a standard data model and business logic related to data
- Being able to present different kinds of tables, which include seminar table, resource table and others
- Implementation of email capability
- Understand navigation features and dimension management
- Be able to follow a Test Driven Development (TDD) approach as well as the debugging functionality
- Know the optimisation of SQL server for MS Dynamics by improving the C/AL code
Objective of learning
It is not adequate to learn about C/SIDE solution development just to clear the certification exam. In order to be successful in the work area, it is also necessary to know how to apply this knowledge to custom business scenarios. One should be knowledgeable enough to understand the functionality and be able to relate the same with the business scenario.
At the end of the day, it is most important to become a good solution developer, in order to grow in one’s career. This can only happen over a period of time, with the necessary experience. In the meanwhile, you can also think about a Microsoft Dynamics course to further strengthen core concepts.