ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard used by enterprises to show their excellence and show their best practices in IT service management. The standard enables the organizations to continually enhance their delivery of IT offerings. It helps them achieve the best to maintain their position in service management system. The standard was released in 2005 and aligns to the ITIL or IT infrastructure librarybest practice framework.
ISO/IEC 20000 is increasingly adopted in the global world by both internal and external IT service providers. Since there are many small, mid-size and established IT service providers so the standard has helped to differentiate between different IT service providers across world. There are innumerable benefits offered by ISO/IEC 20000 to organizations.
- Establish an environment to improve and learn within enterprises continuously.
- Enhancement in IT delivery services
- Increased business and customer satisfaction in the IT services
- Focus on execution of appropriate and effective integrated processes and solutions to meet the business goals
- Enhancing the productivity and skills of employees
- Lower long-term costs
- Lower risks
- Enhanced reputation, relations, inter-working and communication with their enterprise and customer links
- Allow enterprises to evaluate the activities which are against international standards
- Frequent audits as per the international standards
To reap the benefits and improve continuously in delivery processes, organizations conduct in-house ISO/IEC 20000 training and certification for their employees. ISO/IEC 20000 training courses helps them understand the relation between international standard and ITSM. It makes the professionals competent to use best methods in ITSM to apply effective methods within an organization. They understand and determine the issues associated with applicability which helps them leverage improvement processes for implementation.
ISO/IEC 20000 certification helps them know the scope and aims to use it to understand the roles of the component parts of the standard. Besides conducting in-house training, organizations even hire certified candidates to cut the cost of certification. Hence, candidates can enroll in ISO/IEC 20000 certification courses to get the competencies and abilities to work as per international standards with their future employer. Also, professionals with considerable amount of experience can also enroll for training to get the capabilities and be a part of improvement process in their organization.
There are two levels of ISO/IEC 20000 training courses offered by institutes. One is the foundation level that has no pre-requisites and is best suited for new professionals. On the other hand, the second level is the practitioner level where candidates must have The APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation, The BCS ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation, and ITIL Foundation (V3 or later version) certification.