Integration of information systems and business processes in an organisation is best possible with Service oriented architecture. For this, staffs need to be taken through a Service oriented architecture training course. It consists of numerous core ideas that require to be addressed in an organisation, for optimising the business and IT solutions.
What does Service oriented architecture (SOA) comprise of?
Several ideas need to be addressed in a company’s SOA journey. They are:
- A set of services which businesses intend to provide to their customers and partners.
- A style of architecture which needs a service provider, mediation as well as a service requestor having service description
- Several architectural principles, criteria and patterns which address concepts like modularity, loose coupling, separation of concerns and encapsulation
- Programming models with tools and technologies that support web services
- Middleware solutions that are optimised for service assembly, monitoring and management
How is SOA useful for an organisation?
As mentioned above, SOA is helpful in streamlining the procedures followed in a business. When approached as individual projects, each of the projects can enhance the business with greater flexibility and service orientation. Such flexibility will naturally equip your business to generate greater financial returns. So whether you are looking to handle an enterprise-level project or a technology-level project, SOA can definitely help in laying out a roadmap.
To steer your business in the right direction, SOA Governance is required. It gives the processes, policies and decision rights for business and IT to be able to work together. SOA Governance also gives an insight into the SOA, allowing stakeholders to identify Return on Investment from implementation of this architecture. Thereby costs in business are reduced and customer satisfaction is brought to the top.
How can SOA be integrated with legacy applications?
Legacy applications are always necessary for the functioning of an IT environment. However, they are often inaccessible to several important skill sets. IBM helps in identifying discrete elements within the legacy applications and uses them as services within the SOA. It also provides application and technology adapters developed in coordination with partners. More information can be obtained by enrolling for IBM training courses.