Data security is a major concern in almost every organisation today. Through CHFI, individuals are certified in the specific computer forensics departments. A Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) will be able to enhance the knowledge of security officers, system administrators, defense personnel, bankers, security professionals and others concerned with network infrastructure. Cyber crime can be controlled through individuals who have undergone CHFI Training.
What does a CHFI need to learn?
There are many different investigative tools which have to be known by computer forensic investigators. Experienced instructors in this training teach students about the uses of these tools. It goes without saying that theory and live scenarios are studied to understand the working of these tools. Some of the issues that need to be resolved by these trained individuals include:
- Data breaches
- Corporate espionage
- Different kinds of data threats
- Various computer-related intricate cases
Here are the different topics covered in most computer forensic courses:
- Concepts of forensic science and its relation to computers, cybercrime
- Knowledge of the cyber laws and working to seize computers as per a warrant
- Listing the roles of first responder, evaluation of the e-crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews and collecting evidence
- Defining the various types of digital evidences, evidence examination process and rules of evidence
- Cracking application and system passwords
- Retrieving deleted files from various Operating Systems with processes such as Encase, Access Data FTK and Steganography
- Log capturing for the purpose of event correlation
- Investigation of emails, network traffic and attacks
- Practicing the forensic process on mobile Operating Systems
The main body which tracks the presence of cyber crime worldwide is the EC-Council. It is this council which has rolled out the CHFI program. Computer investigation techniques are now being used by many different departments such as police, corporate companies and government. More tools are being invented on a daily basis in order to carry out computer investigations.
As you can see, this is clearly a domain which is and will continue to be hugely popular. The requirement for skilled professionals is immense at the moment. To be a part of this requirement, enrol for CHFI Training in Delhi today.