3,440 total views, 6 views today
For project management professionals, gaining a professional certification like PRINCE2® can be a huge advantage. While a certification is not mandatory to land a job, it does benefit in many other ways, like building credibility, enhancing skills, making candidates desirable, etc. PRINCE2® is one of the leading project management certifications that validate professionals’ understanding of key project management concepts and how to apply them for a successful completion of the project. PRINCE2® Foundation Training program prepares candidates for the Foundation exam that tests the candidates on their ability to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment.
What are the prerequisites for the PRINCE2® Foundation certification?
There are no prerequisites for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam. It can be taken on its own or as a prerequisite to the PRINCE2® Practitioner certification.
Who is it for?
- Project Managers
- Team Managers
- Project Support Staff
- Project Management Consultants
- General Managers
- Business Change Analysts
- Process Improvement Specialists
What type of career opportunities one can explore after earning the PRINCE2® Foundation certification?
PRINCE2® Certification is a globally recognized credential. Once you get certified, you will be equipped with crucial project management core competencies. Certified professionals are skilled to address and manage every project challenge head on being completely confident on the path to undertake. Some of the highest paying job profiles are:
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Service Delivery Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Customer Project Manager
- National Senior EQA Scheme Officer
- Project Management Analyst
- Implementation Project Manager
- Service Improvement Manager
- PRINCE2® Consultant
- Project Delivery Manager
- Innovation Delivery Manager
How much salary to expect after earning the PRINCE2® Foundation certification?
Most of the jobs looking for PRINCE2® certified professionals offer an annual salary of $41,206, and this is only after clearing the Foundation level. Once you complete the Practitioner training and earn the respective certification, you will be eligible for jobs offering $64,385 annually.
Which are some of the top companies that hire PRINCE2® certified professionals?
Some of the top companies in need of PRINCE2® professionals are:
- UST Global
What comes after the PRINCE2® Foundation certification?
- Once you complete the PRINCE2® Foundation, you can appear for the PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification. This level tests candidates’ on their ability to apply PRINCE2® to run and manage the project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- PRINCE2® Agile is divided into Foundation and Practitioner levels. In order to qualify for the Agile certification, you must have passed PRINCE2® Foundation level.
How to maintain the PRINCE2® credentials?
The PRINCE2® Foundation exam does not need any renewal.
Is the PRINCE2® Foundation certification worth it?
- PRINCE2® focuses on the principles related to project management that provide you with greater flexibility. One you go through the entire process of trainings and certifications, you will be able to understand all the project related processes and manage them properly.
- As discussed above, the PRINCE2® Foundation certification definitely leads to monetary benefits and better jobs.
- Due to its global recognition, it is in demand among many organizations, which means more job opportunities.
- Lastly, as compared to other project management certifications, PRINCE2® Foundation is an easy and affordable certification to pursue.
About the author: Nisha Negi is a Technical Content Writer at Multisoft Systems. She writes blog posts and articles on various technical subjects. She is an experienced IT professional, and bears immense knowledge of the latest technology. She stays current with all the ongoing and upcoming certifications. Her way of expression is contemporary and crisp.