What are the basic features of Cognos TM1?
- Real-time, interactive multidimensional database also with write-back functionality
- Enterprise level planning and analysis capabilities
- 64-bit, in memory OLAP server capable of concentrate huge volumes of data
- Rapid development of including profitability models, flexible models, without batch processing
- Integrates with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence, to establish a single view of performance
- Guided modeling environment to simplify planning, analysis and forecasting
How do you use TM1 cubes in Framework Manager?
TM1 v10.1 has the interoperability function designed to allow packages to be published from TM1.
How many types of viewers available in TM1?
Types of viewers in TM1:
- Web Sheet Viewer.
- Cube Viewer.
- Navigation Viewer.
How to run Turbo Integrator Process from Command Line?
To initiate the TI process TM1RunTI is a command line interface tool.
Define Data Tab?
Data Tab is a series of statements that operates values for each record in data source
Define TM1 package connector?
TM1 package connector helps in importing data from package and custom queries.
What is Epilog Tab?
Epilog Tab is a series of statements that is to be executed after the data source is administered.
Name the function which is used to serialize the TI process?
Synchronized () function is used to serialize TI process so they can be processed successively.
What are the functions required to be called for enabling or disabling the bulk load of mode?
- EnableBulkLoadMode() = Enable
- DisableBulkLoadMode () = Disable.
What is the limit of string length in Turbo Integrator?
The limit of string length in Turbo Integrator is 8000 single byte character. If the length will become more 8000 bytes then it gets reduced.
What are the flaws of Chore Start Time?
TM1 executes chores in GMT standards. It doesn’t have any auto mechanism to accommodate DayLight Saving. Its Chores Scheduled time should be edited when DayLight time begins and ends.
Name the different procedures within TI?
- Defining Data Source
- Editing Advanced Scripting
- Setting Variables
- Mapping Data
- Scheduling the completed Process
Name the window by which you can create your own custom scripts?
You can create your own custom scripts using Advanced Window
How you can enable Bulk Load Mode in TI?
- In Prolog or Epilog section of TI, Bulk Load mode can be enabled.
- It always recommended that Bulk Load Mode should be enabled in Prolog section.
Name the sub-tabs which are in advance tab of TI
The sub-tabs which are in advance tab of TI are:
What is the meaning of Ending Bulk Load mode?
All the system and User threads will be resumed and user logins will also be allowed.
How we can generate cubes in Cognos?
There are different ways to generate a cube.
Steps to be followed:
- Just right click on cube name and build.
- We can write script in UNIX. Using that we can easily generate the cube.
Name the data sources which are available with TI
Data Sources available with TI are:
- SAP via RFC
- Microsoft Analysis Services
- Relational databases using ODBC Connectivity
- IBM Cognos Packages
- Other Cubes and Views
- Comma delimited text files including ACII files
What is Chore Commit property?
Chore Commit is a property of a chore that enables you to stipulate if the procedures in a chore will be committed as a single transaction or if the processes in the chore are committed as numerous transactions.
Snapshot is a copy of data; whenever we create any snapshot it only copies the exact data that is associated to the particular report. It is used for the comparison reports.
For ex: We want to compare the report of this month with previous month.
Define Bulk Load mode?
- It enables TM1 to run in a special optimized Single-user mode. This mode has a capacity to maximize the performance for dedicated tasks during the time when there is no load on server or at night time.
- It doesn’t display a message to end-user to alert them. No new connections can be created.
What actually happens when Bulk Load mode starts?
- All the processing by other threads will be stopped
- All the scheduled chores will be deactivated
- TM1 Top connections and all the system-specific threads will be suspended
- Running chores and any of the existing user threads will be postponed
Define Drill Through?
Drill through is a used to define the act of exploring or browsing items like folders, files or related components. Drill Through id developed with two reports
- Parent Report
- Child Report
What is the difference between list and crosstab?
- List report shows the data in row and column (detail information of report).
- List can be changed to Cross tab
- Crosstab report show the data in grids, dimensions in row and column and measures in cells or in intersection point.
- Crosstab can’t be changed to list. There is no direct option available in Report Studio to convert the cross tab to list.
Give the options which are available after importing data using TI
- Create and Update dimensions
- Re-create Cube. It abolishes the existing cube definitions and overwrites it
- Build Cube and inhabit data
Define Prolog tab?
Procedure is executed before the data source for the TI is opened. TI directly goes to Epilog if the data source for the process is none and if there is no data source then Metadata and data tabs are ignored.
Metadata is data that defines other data. It gives information about a certain item’s content. Metadata summarizes basic information about data, which can make finding and working with particular instances of data easier.
What is the cube size?
Although it depends as per your project requirements but generally it is 2.0 GB.