- What is SAP HANA?
SAP HANA is an in-memory calculating engine widely used for real-time processing of gigantic volumes of data and building and passing on real-world applications. Adopting the row and column based database technology, SAP HANA is a modern relational database product serviced by SAP SE. With the high-performance analytic system, the big data exists on the main memory and not on the hard disk.
- Name the operating system SAP HANA supports.
More than 70% of customer’s use of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to run their SAP workloads on Linux, that is the best operating system choice for SAP HANA.
- Explain Parallel Processing in SAP HANA?
Using the columnar data storage method, the workload in SAP HANA is segregated vertically. The columnar method allows straight chasing and aggregation of data rather than two-dimensional data structure. If more than one column is to be readied, each work is assigned to various processors. Operations on one column are then collimated by column divisions dealt with by different processors.
- List advantages of using SAP HANA database
Advantages of using SAP HANA database:
- By using singe data-in memory, SAP HANA supports smooth trade process and fault-tolerant analytics
- Easy and direct operations using an open-source, unified platform in the cloud
- With the HANA technology, you can make gen-next applications giving suitable and capable results in the digital economy.
- High-level Data Integration to tremendous measures of data
- Advanced tools for in-depth analysis of present, past and the future.
- List the merits and demerits of using row-based tables.
- Row-based tables are useful when there is specific requirement of accessing complete record.
- It is favored when the table consists of less number of rows.
- No data approach can be quicker than row-based if you want to analyze, process and retrieve one record at one time.
- This data storage and processing approach is easier and effective without any aggregations and fast searching.
- The data recuperation and dealing operations involve the complete row, even though all the information is not useful.
- List advantages of column-based tables
Advantages of column-based tables:
- Only specific columns need to be approached for Select query and any column can be used for indexing.
- Empowers smoother parallel processing of data as the data in columns is stored vertically. Thus, to access data from multiple columns, every operation can be allocated to a separate processor core.
- Efficient operations since most columns hold unique values and thus, high compression rate.
- What table type is preferred in SAP HANA Administration: column-based or row-based?
Since analytic applications need massive collections and agile data processing, column-based tables are preferred in SAP HANA as the data in column is stored subsequently, one after the other enabling faster and easier readability and retrieval. Thus, columnar storage is preferred on most OLAP (SQL) queries. On the contrary, row-based tables force users to read and access all the information in a row, even though you require data from few and/or specific columns.
- What is the main SAP HANA database component?
Record Server involves genuine data engines for data planning including input SQL and MDX clarifications and performs authentic transactions.
- Explain the concept of Persistence Layer
The persistence layer in SAP HANA handles all logging operations and trades for secured backup and data restoring. This layer manages data manages in both rows and columns and provides predictable save points. In light of the possibility of inventiveness layer of SAP’s social database, it ensures successful data restores.
- Define Modeling Studio in SAP Hana Administration.
- List the different compression techniques in HANA?
Different compression techniques in HANA
- Cluster encoding
- Run-length encoding
- Dictionary encoding
- Explain SLT
SLT stretches out to SAP Landscape Transformation insinuating trigger – based replication. SLT replication permits data trade from source to target, where the source can be SAP or non-SAP while the target system must be SAP HANA with HANA database. Customers can accomplish data replication from various sources. The three replication techniques supported by HANA are:
- SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection (DXC)
- SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS)
- Name the replication jobs in SAP HANA.
- Master Job (IUUC_MONITOR_)
- Master Controlling Job (IUCC_REPLIC_CNTR_)
- Data Load Job (DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD__)
- Access Plan Calculation Job (ACC_PLAN_CALC__)
- Migration Object Definition Job (IUCC_DEF_MIG_OBJ_)
- What is Latency?
The time period to perform data replication starting from the source to the target structure is known as latency.
- What are the various components of SAP HANA Administration?
Various components of SAP HANA Administration are:
- SAP HANA Studio
- SAP HANA Cloud
- Sap HANA DB
- SAP HANA Application Cloud
- How to perform backup and recovery operations?
During a regular operation, data is by default stored to the disk at savepoints in SAPHANA. As soon as there is any update and transaction, logs become active and get saved from the disk memory. In case of power failure, the database restarts like any other DB returning to the last save point log state. SAP HANA requires backup to protect against disk failure and reset DB to the previous state. The backups simultaneously as the users keep performing their assignments.
- Define SLT Configuration
Configuration is the huge information to develop a connection between source, SLT system and SAP HANA architecture as communicated in the SLT structure. Programming engineers are allowed to illustrate another Configuration in Configuration and Monitoring Dashboard.
- What is Stall?
The waiting process for data to stack from the main memory to the CPU cache is called Stall.
- Define different types of information views.
There are primarily three types of information views in SAP HANA:
- Analytic view
- Calculation View
- Attribute view
- What are Configuration and Monitoring dashboard?
They are SLT Replication Application Servers to give setup information to data replication. This replication status can also be monitored.