19,192 total views, 6 views today
- What is Selenium 2.0?
Selenium 2.0 is the most widely used tool of selenium family. This API fit with the same role played by Selenium RC. Format for expressing webdriver:
Selenium 1.0 (IDE) + RC = Selenium 2.0
- Mention what is Selenium 3.0?
Selenium 3.0 is the advanced version of Selenium and is mainly used tool for user-focused automation of mobile and web apps.
3) Explain what is Data driven framework and Keyword driven?
Data driven framework: In this framework, the test data is separated and kept outside the Test Scripts, while test case logic resides in Test Scripts. Test data is read from the external files (Excel Files) and are loaded into the variables inside the Test Script. Variables are used for both input values and for verification values.
Keyword driven framework: The keyword driven frameworks requires the development of data tables and keywords, independent of the test automation. In a keyword driven test, the functionality of the application under test is documented in a table as well as step by step instructions are set for each test.
- List out the test types that are supported by Selenium?
Selenium supports the following test types:
- Functional, Learn More about Functional Testing.
For post release validation with continuous integration automation tool could be used:
- Quick Build
- Mention what is the use of X-path?
X-Path is used to find the Web Element in web pages. Moreover, it is used to identify the dynamic elements.
- List out the technical challenges with Selenium?
Technical challenges with Selenium are:
- Selenium supports only web based applications
- It does not support the Bitmap comparison
- For any reporting related capabilities have to depend on third party tools
- No vendor support for tool compared to commercial tools like HP UFT
- As there is no object repository concept in Selenium, maintainability of objects becomes difficult
- What is the difference between type keys and type commands?