- What is the difference between the QA and software testing?
QA (Quality Assurance): It is used to monitor the quality of the “process” used to produce the software.
Software testing: It is the process of ensuring the functionality of final product meets the user’s requirement.
- What is Testware?
Testware is test artifacts like test cases, test plans, test data required to design and execute a test.
- What is the difference between build and release?
- Build: It is a number given to Installable software that is given to the testing team by the development team.
- Release: It is a number given to Installable software that is handed over to the user by the tester or developer.
- What are the automation challenges that SQA (Software Quality Assurance) team faces while testing?
- Mastering the automation tool
- Reusability of Automation script
- Automating complex test cases
- Adaptability of test case for automation
- What is bug leakage and bug release?
- Bug leakage is something, when the bug is discovered by the end users and not detected by the testing team while testing the software.
- Bug release is when software or an application is handed over to the testing team knowing that the defect is present in a release. During this the priority and severity of bug is low, as bug can be removed before the final handover.
- What is data driven testing?
Data driven testing is an automation testing framework, which tests the various input values on the AUT. These values are read directly from the data files. The data files may include csv files, excel files, data pools and many other.
- Explain the steps for Bug Cycle?
- Once the bug is identified by the tester, it is assigned to the development manager in open status
- If the bug is a valid defect the development team will fix it.
- If it is not a valid defect, the defect will be ignored and marked as rejected
- The next step will be to check whether it is in scope. If the bug is not the part of the current release then the defects are postponed
- If the defect or bug is raised earlier then the tester will assign a DUPLICATE status
- When bug is assigned to developer to fix, it will be given a IN-PROGRESS status
- Once the defect is repaired, the status will change to FIXED at the end the tester will give CLOSED status if it passes the final test.
- What does the test strategy include?
The test strategy includes an introduction, scope, resource and schedule for test activities, test tools, test planning, test priorities and the types of test that has to be performed.
- Mention the different types of software testing?
- Unit testing
- Integration testing and regression testing
- Shakeout testing
- Smoke testing
- White box and Black box testing
- Functional testing
- Performance testing
- System testing
- Alpha and Beta testing
- Load testing and stress testing
- What is branch testing and what is boundary testing?
The testing of all the branches of the code, which is tested once, is known as branch testing. While the testing, which is focused on the limit conditions of the software is known as boundary testing.
- What are the contents of test plans and test cases?
- Testing objectives
- Testing scope
- Reason for testing
- Testing the frame
- The environment
- The criteria for entrance and exit
- Risk factors
- What is Agile testing and what is the importance of Agile testing?
Agile testing is software testing using Agile Methodology. The significance of this testing is that, unlike normal testing process, this testing does not wait for the development team to complete the coding first and then doing testing. The coding and testing both goes simultaneously. It requires continuous user interaction.
- What is Test case?
Test case is a condition to check against the Application under Test. It has information of test steps, prerequisites, test environment and outputs.
- What is the strategy for Automation Test Plan?
- The strategy for Automation Test Plan
- Preparation of Automation Test Plan
- Recording the scenario
- Error handler incorporation
- Script enhancement by inserting check points and looping constructs
- Debugging the script and fixing the issues
- Rerunning the script
- Reporting the result
- What is quality audit?
The systematic and independent examination for defining the effectiveness of quality control process is known as the quality audit.
- What are the tools used by a tester while testing?
- YSlow for FireBug
- Web Developer toolbar for firebox
- Explain stress testing, load testing and volume testing?
- Stress Testing: When the load placed on the system is raised or accelerated beyond the normal range then it is known as Stress Testing.
- Load Testing: Testing an application under heavy but expected load is known as Load Testing. Here, the load refers to the large volume of users, messages, requests, data, etc.
- Volume Testing: The process of checking the system, whether the system can handle the required amounts of data, user requests, etc. is known as Volume Testing.
- What are the five common solutions for software developments problems?
- Setting up the prerequisites criteria, the necessities of a software should be complete, clear and agreed by all
- The next thing is the realistic schedule like time for planning, testing, designing, fixing bugs and re-testing
- Adequate testing, start the testing immediately after one or more modules development.
- Use rapid prototype during design phase so that it can be easy for customers to find what to expect
- Use of group communication tools
- What is a ‘USE’ case and what does it include?
The document that describes, the user action and system response, for a particular functionality is known as USE case. It includes revision history, flow of events, table of contents, cover page, special necessities, pre-conditions and post-conditions.
- What is CRUD testing and how to test CRUD?
CRUD stands for Create, Read, Update and Delete. CRUD testing can be done utilizing SQL statements.
- What is thread testing?
A thread testing is a top-down testing, where the progressive integration of segments follows the implementation of subsets of the requirements, as opposed to the integration of components by successively lower levels.
- What is configuration management?
It is a procedure to control and record any progressions made during the life of a venture. Release control, Change control and Revision control are the critical parts of setup administration.
- What is Ad Hoc testing?
It is a testing phase where the analyzer tries to break the framework by randomly trying the system’s functionality. It can incorporate negative testing as well.
- List out the roles of Software Quality Assurance engineer?
A software quality assurance engineer tasks include:
- Writing source code
- Software design
- Reviewing code
- Control of source code
- Change management
- Program testing
- Configuration management
- Integration of software
- Release management process
- What are test drivers and test stub and why it is required?
- The stub is called from the software component to be tested. It is used in top down approach
- The driver calls a component to be tested. It is used in bottom up approach
- It is required when we need to test the interface between modules X and Y and we have developed only module X. So we cannot just test module X but if there is any dummy module we can use that dummy module to test module X
- Explain what is Bug triage?
A bug triage is a process to ensure bug report completeness and it is used to:
- Assign and analyze the bug
- Adjust bug severity properly
- Assigning bug to proper bug owner
- Set appropriate bug priority
- List out various tools required to support testing during development of the application?
To support testing during app development following tools can be used:
- Test Management Tools: JIRA, Quality Center, etc.
- Defect Management Tools: Bugzilla, Test Director
- Project Management Tools: SharePoint
- Automation Tools: QTP, RFT and WinRunner
- Explain what is a cause effect graph?
A cause effect graph is a graphical representation of information sources and the related outputs impacts that can be utilized to design test cases.