Cloud Services Planning and Design Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
The Cloud service Planning and Design training imparts to provide you the essentials and knowledge to design an infrastructure of cloud to supports various kinds of services. This training program follows an open approach of planning and design covering the basic concepts with examples from several products and vendors. Cloud service Planning and Design training program is designed to match with the expert level of the DELL EMC Cloud Architect Certification. In addition to this, an opportunity of practicing these innovative skills during a cloud project is given to the students. After the completion of this training program, students should be able to:
- Apply relevant design processes and techniques when producing an effective cloud infrastructure design.
- Create a cloud infrastructure design that addresses business requirements and constraints that were identified during an assessment.
- Know the advantages, problems, and considerations of different cloud technologies as well as their significance in meeting a business requirement.
- Develop a cloud infrastructure design that includes components such as cloud management, consumer resources, elasticity, metering, hybrid capabilities, and disaster recovery.
- Understand the Governance, Organization, Finance and Technology (GFOT) of cloud services
- Planning and design techniques for cloud services
- Importance of the service catalog, templates, service level agreements, orchestration, provisioning, and automation when building and deploying cloud services
- Cloud Computing
- AWS Solution Architect - Associate Level Training
- Five or more years of design experience in compute, network, and storage
- Understanding of cloud delivery & service models and as the services lifecycle
- DELLEMC Information Storage and management
- DELLEMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services.
- Module 1: Understanding IT Transformation and Cloud Services
- Module 2: Technology Planning for Cloud Services
- Module 3: Governance Planning for Cloud Services
- Module 4: Financial Planning for Cloud Services
- Module 5: Organizational Planning for Cloud Services
- Module 6: Services Creation and Management
- Module 7: Cloud Services Trends and Futures
- Module 8: Planning and Design Review
Module 1: Understanding IT Transformation and Cloud Services
- Review common IT challenges that often exist even after a cloud adoption has occurred and explain what it means for IT to provide business value.
- List benefits of several common industry IT transformation models.
- Identify the ITaaS model plus the business, cultural, and technical reasons why organizations are adopting ITaaS or a similar model for standing up cloud services.
- Define cloud services and describe how ITaaS supports them in the context of governance, finance, organization, and technology.
- Identify general planning and design steps.
Module 2: Technology Planning for Cloud Services
- Identify innovative practices, tools, and technologies such as DevOps, Microservices, and open source that influence the creation of cloud native applications and cloud services.
- Describe considerations and analysis of workloads and assess application profiles.
- Identify various back-end technology processes and tools that might be helpful for delivering cloud services.
- List orchestration and automation characteristics as critical features for delivering cloud services. Recognize the importance and benefits of measuring and reporting.
- Define the central role of a service catalog for delivering cloud services.
Module 3: Governance Planning for Cloud Services
- Define the various types of governance and their relevance to cloud services.
- Summarize important considerations for the three components of GRC: governance, risk management, and compliance.
- Specify various considerations related to security and trust for cloud services.
Module 4: Financial Planning for Cloud Services
- Identify the financial considerations for IT and its support of services for an ITaaS transformation.
- Explain service funding and define chargeback functions and models.
- List economic drivers for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service models as well as service costing and pricing.
Module 5: Organizational Planning for Cloud Services
- Describe the challenges facing organizations that need to deliver cloud services.
- Discuss the organizational considerations when transitioning to cloud services within an ITaaS model.
- Identify new roles, skills, and required competencies.
Module 6: Services Creation and Management
- Outline general and tactical strategies for offering cloud services as well as general considerations for service design.
- Describe service deployment steps, considerations, and models.
- Explain the significance of the service catalog, templates, service level agreements, orchestration, provisioning, and automation when building and deploying services.
- Summarize the importance of collecting measurements for service operations and management.
Module 7: Cloud Services Trends and Futures
- Discuss emerging trends impacting businesses.
- Describe how business is being digitized more than ever before.
- Explain how cloud services are driving business value and achieving positive outcomes.
Module 8: Planning and Design Review
- Develop a cloud services design and present this to the audience.
- Demonstrate how the cloud services design meets the business requirements and constraints that were identified during the assessment process.