ETL Testing Certification Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
An ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool helps the software testing professionals in extracting data from heterogeneous data sources, transforming it, and loading it into a data warehouse. Pursuing the ETL Testing Training is helpful for the software testing professionals who perform data analysis to extract relevant information from the irregular database.
Driven by the ever-increasing use of ETL tools and ETL professionals, We, at Multisoft Systems, have come up to provide the ETL Testing Training with highly skilled ETL experts. We have designed this training course to prepare the participants in preparing test data, test planning, test execution, test closure, result analysis, and different types of ETL testing; i.e., the different phases of an ETL testing process.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidates will be able to:
- Prepare test data, test planning, test execution, test closure, and result analysis
- Work with the different phases of an ETL testing process
- Create ETL test scenarios and test cases
- Identify different types of ETL bugs, and testing ETL software
- ETL and SQL Developers, Software Engineers and Analysts
- BI, Mainframe and Database Project Managers
- The aspirants are supposed to carry basic knowledge of software development and programming language. However, analytical problem-solving skills would be a great addition to this agenda.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Module 2: Overview of ETL
- Module 3: Database management System
- Module 4: ETL Testing
- Module 5: Types of ETL Testing
- Module 6: Data completeness
- Module 7: Responsibilities of an ETL Tester
- Module 8: Automation of ETL Testing
Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Database management and tools
- How to implement data warehousing?
- Why data warehousing is important?
- OLTP and OLAP database
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- ODS [Operational Data Store]
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- What is fact table
- What is Dimension table
- Normalization and De-Normalization
Module 2: Overview of ETL
- Data Acquisition
- Data extraction
- Data transformation
- Data Loading
- Data mart
- Data Modeling
Module 3: Database management System
- Bid Data (Hadoop)
- SQL in RDBMS
- DDL, DML and working with SQL Queries
- Hadoop Distributed file system
- Apache Pig
- Microsoft Excel and VBA
Module 4: ETL Testing
- ETL architecture.
- What is ETL and importance of ETL testing
- Incompatible and duplicate data.
- Loss of data during ETL process.
- Fault in business process and procedures.
- ETL Testing Work flow activities involved
- Execute system testing and integration testing.
- Best practices to Create quality documentations (Test plans, Test Scripts and Test closure summaries)
- How to detect the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to co-ordinate with developer team for resolving the defects
MModule 5: Types of ETL Testing
- Production validation testing
- Metadata testing
- Data completeness testing
- Data accuracy testing
- Data transformation testing
- Data quality testing
- GUI/Navigation Testing
Module 6: Data completeness
- Data transformation and Data quality.
- Performance and scalability.
- Integration testing.
- User-acceptance testing.
- SQL Queries for ETL Testing
- Incremental load testing
- Initial Load / Full load testing
- Different ETL tools available in the market
- Duplicate check
- Date validation
- ETL Bugs
- Difference between ETL Testing and Database testing
Module 7: Responsibilities of an ETL Tester
- Business transformation logic
- ETL software
- Test components of ETL warehousing
- Create, design and execute test cases
- Identify problems and provide solutions
- Write SQL queries for different scenarios
Module 8: Automation of ETL Testing
- Automation of ETL Testing