- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Module 2: Overview of ETL
- Module 3: Database management System
- Module 4: ETL Testing
- Module 5: Types of ETL Testing
- Module 6: Data completeness
- Module 7: Responsibilities of an ETL Tester
- Module 8: Automation of ETL Testing
Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Database management and tools
- How to implement data warehousing?
- Why data warehousing is important?
- OLTP and OLAP database
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- ODS [Operational Data Store]
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- What is fact table
- What is Dimension table
- Normalization and De-Normalization
Module 2: Overview of ETL
- Data Acquisition
- Data extraction
- Data transformation
- Data Loading
- Data mart
- Data Modeling
Module 3: Database management System
- Bid Data (Hadoop)
- SQL in RDBMS
- DDL, DML and working with SQL Queries
- Hadoop Distributed file system
- Apache Pig
- Microsoft Excel and VBA
Module 4: ETL Testing
- ETL architecture.
- What is ETL and importance of ETL testing
- Incompatible and duplicate data.
- Loss of data during ETL process.
- Fault in business process and procedures.
- ETL Testing Work flow activities involved
- Execute system testing and integration testing.
- Best practices to Create quality documentations (Test plans, Test Scripts and Test closure summaries)
- How to detect the bugs in the ETL testing
- How to co-ordinate with developer team for resolving the defects
MModule 5: Types of ETL Testing
- Production validation testing
- Metadata testing
- Data completeness testing
- Data accuracy testing
- Data transformation testing
- Data quality testing
- GUI/Navigation Testing
Module 6: Data completeness
- Data transformation and Data quality.
- Performance and scalability.
- Integration testing.
- User-acceptance testing.
- SQL Queries for ETL Testing
- Incremental load testing
- Initial Load / Full load testing
- Different ETL tools available in the market
- Duplicate check
- Date validation
- ETL Bugs
- Difference between ETL Testing and Database testing
Module 7: Responsibilities of an ETL Tester
- Business transformation logic
- ETL software
- Test components of ETL warehousing
- Create, design and execute test cases
- Identify problems and provide solutions
- Write SQL queries for different scenarios
Module 8: Automation of ETL Testing
- Automation of ETL Testing