- Introduction to Check Point Architecture
- Security Policy Management
- Check Point Security Solutions
- Traffic Visibility
- Basic Concepts of VPN
- Managing User’s Access
- Working with Cluster XL
- Administrator Task Implementation
- SmartEvent Reports
1. Introduction to Check Point Architecture
- Identify the basic functions of the Web UI.
- Create and confirm admin users for the network.
- Configure network messages.
- Confirm existing network configuration settings.
- Install and tour the GUI.
- Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified, 3-tiered architecture.
- Interpret the concept of a firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
- Understand Check Point deployment options
2. Security Policy Management
- Create multiple administrators and apply different roles/permissions for Concurrent administration.
- Create and configure network, host and gateway objects.
- Evaluate and manipulate rules in a unified Access Control security policy.
- Apply policy layers and analyze how they affect traffic inspection.
- Prepare and schedule backups for the gateway.
- Describe the essential elements of a unified security policy.
- Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified security policy.
- Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
- Recall how to implement Check Point backup techniques.
3. Check Point Security Solutions
- Evaluate and manage different Check Point security solutions deployed for network access control.
- Evaluate and manage Check Point security solutions for threat protection.
- Examine how the Compliance blade monitors your Check Point security infrastructure.
- Validate existing licenses for products installed on your network.
- Recognize Check Point security solutions & products and the way they protect your network.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security solutions.
4. Traffic Visibility
- Generate network traffic and use traffic visibility tools to monitor the data.
- Compare and contrast various tools available for viewing traffic
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize opportunities for performance improvements.
- Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users and traffic flow patterns or security activities.
5. Basic Concepts of VPN
- Configure and deploy a site-to-site VPN.
- Test the VPN connection and analyze the tunnel traffic.
- Understand VPN deployments and Check Point Communities.
- Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
6. Managing User’s Access
- Create and define user access for a guest wireless user.
- Test Identity Awareness connection
- Recognize how to define users and user groups for your environment.
- Understand how to manage user access for internal users and guests.
7. Working with Cluster XL
- Install and configure ClusterXL with a High Availability configuration.
- Describe the basic concept of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
8. Administrator Task Implementation
- Review rule-base performance for policy control.
- Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in Administrator job descriptions.
9. SmartEvent Reports
- Generate reports that effectively summarize network activity.
- Recognize how to effectively create, customize and generate network