Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation Training
- Course Content
- Drop us a Query
MSP® stands for Managing Successful Programmes is a program management framework that is used in organization to simplify complex programs into interrelated and manageable projects and provide better services and more effectively prepare for the future. This program is intended to be adapted to meet several requirements and circumstances in the organization. It is quickly emerging the program management approach of choice for Program Managers and big organizations in the world.
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) foundation Training program at Multisoft systems will help you to learn MSP principles, governance themes and the flows that are defined in the MSP framework. The training program explain you roles and responsibilities of MSP and will upgrade your skills and ability to meet the business requirement of your organization and build a solution oriented approach to risk mitigation, quality control, issue management and stakeholder management. Moreover, the training program here also helps to crack the MSP exams on your first attempt. Upon the successful completion of this training program, you will:
- Understand how to fit manageable projects into a complete program
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the principles and processes of program management
- Create a solution based approach for issue management, risk mitigation, quality control, and stakeholder management.
- Obtain the appropriate knowledge and skills to clear the MSP certification exams
- Able to define and direct an organization’s program management strategy
- Members of a Programme Office (PO)
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who wants to understand the terminology and concepts associated with MSP
- Candidates who wish to pursue higher level certifications (e.g. programme managers and business change managers)
- Experience of managing or working in programmes (recommended, but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of the PRINCE2®project management
- Exposure to project management methodology
1. MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
2. Swirl logo™ is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited
- MSP® Introduction and Overview - What is a programme? What is programme management? MSP® Structure.
- MSP® Framework and Concepts - Principles, governance themes, transformational flow, management strategies and plans.
- VISION - What is a ‘vision’? What makes a good Vision Statement?
- Identifying A Programme - Programme Mandate. Linking to Policy and Strategy. Preparing a Programme Brief. Planning to Define the Program.
- Blueprint Design and Delivery - What is a Blueprint, and what does it contain? Developing a Blueprint from the Vision Statement.
- Defining A Programme - Creating a Programme Definition Document (including the Project Dossier, the Programme Plan and the Programme Business Case).
- Planning and Control - What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed? The Project Dossier. Resourcing and scheduling.
- Benefits Realization Management - The key driver for the program. How benefits realization links to achieving strategic objectives. Outcome relationship models and Benefit Maps. Planning for benefits realization.
- Organization and The Programme Office - Organization and leadership. Organizational structure, the key roles and their responsibilities. What is a Programme Office (PO) and what service does it provide.
- The Business Case - Developing, managing and reviewing the program’s Business Case.
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement - Leadership as opposed to management. How ‘leaders’ actively engage stakeholders. Analyzing and engaging with stakeholders. Stakeholder maps and matrices.
- Managing The Tranches - Implementing governance arrangements. Establishing tranches. Managing risks and issues.
- Delivering The Capability and Realizing The Benefits - Co-ordinating and managing projects on the Project Dossier. Starting and closing projects. Maintaining alignment with the program. Ensuring that project outputs are fit for purpose and can be integrated into operations, so that benefits can be realized. Pretransition, transition and post-transition activities.
- Quality and Assurance Management - Critical Success Factors. The scope of programme quality and assurance management. Quality processes. Configuration Management. Quality Management Strategy and Plan. Information Management Strategy and Plan.
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution - Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues. Managing and controlling changes in programmes.
- Closing A Programme - Formal confirmation of completion. Finalizing programme information.