Magma training imparts casting process simulation skills. This training enhances the proficiency of the casting designers to come up conceptual and technical solutions. The participants learn how to improve the collaboration of casting designers with the downstream production chain. The use of MAGMA5 software for delivering training offers capabilities for solidification and cooling; simulating mold filling; property distributions; and microstructure formation for casting processes. The course allows you to understand casting processes for gray iron, large steel products, die cast and steel aluminum.
Magma training course is designed to give a comprehensive understanding on the following:
- Magma tool and its features
- Create sand mold and inlet
- Import material from Magma database
- Define and create new material
- Perform temperature, time, pressure, velocity analysis during filling
- Analyze air entrapment and turbulent during filling analysis
- Conduct solidification and defect analysis
- Implement porosity simulation
- Tool makers
- Casting designers/engineers
- Mechanical students/professionals
While there is no formal pre prerequisite for this training, however candidates with a strong interest in casting process are the ideal participants for this course.